Tuesday 21 August 2012

Slow with the baking?

It has been quite a quiet month due to the limited baking orders. If you are worried that I am doing something illegal, do not worry. I do not take in public orders at the moment. I do not wanna break the law, do I? If you do not know, it is illegal to sell home baked goods to the public in Singapore. Yup many people have been asking me to market and sell to the public but no no...I can't do it unless I own a kitchen / shop.

Lately I had been working on a cake - fusion of Chocolate and Mango. It was an accidental thought that was worth a try. I got 'by far the best cake made' compliment from my friend's colleague who tasted the cake. (jumping for joy as I received the whatsapp msg. kekeke)

Composition (from bottom to top): Chocolate sponge, dark chocolate mousse, mango mousse with mango chunks, dark chocolate mousse and chocolate glaze.



This slice of cake was made for home which looked and tasted a little too chocolaty. The one purchased by my friend contains a higher proportion of mango is to chocolate. Hence, I think it was just right. Comments received about the cake was that they were able to taste the slight bitterness of the chocolate mousse which is pleasant and the fragrance of sweet mango compliments the chocolate mousse prettily. :)

Want a slice? haha I bet you do =x

I made another version for a homecook party which was marked 'highly sellable' by those who ate it. oh gosh..how thick skin can I be telling you all these.

This version is the lazy version a.k.a non-baked. (Please excuse me for the poor photo shot and the untidy mess. the specks of white are just ice flakes - The photo was shot after the cake was taken out of the freezer)

  
Composition (from bottom to top): Biscuit base, dark chocolate mousse, mango mousse with mango chunks,  and chocolate glaze.

This time I used biscuits base, doubled the amount of mango mousse and thinned down the chocolate glaze. It was just right. Bitterness of chocolate? Checked! Sweetness of mango? Checked! Gooey chocolaty glaze? Checked! Crumbly texture? Checked! 'Highly sellable'? CHECKED! whoo hoo..by the way, up to date, my mousses are all EGGLESS. Calling out all pregnant mothers who are craving for mousses, feel free to eat them (my mousse cakes I mean. kekeke)!

What I am about to say next is totally off topic but I have to write and post it now before I forget (which is highly likely for this goldfish brain of mine). Just wanna let you know, I was told by a girlfriend that she was not able to comment on my posts. She had tried to many times but decided to give up. I am sorry to those who had tried to comment but couldnt. I was clueless about it. So please forgive me. Hence, I had amended the settings and now YOU can start commenting. I had been wondering why I didn't receive any comments and one reason on my mind was, my posts are just waaay boring but it doesn't make sense since up to date, my blog had been viewed 777 times (what a lucky number isn't it?) with audiences worldwide! (ok this stat counter is not exactly accurate but there are readers on my blog all right! =x) So I hope the comments will start rolling in.

Hoping the comments will roll in (did I just said that?) and so will the orders. Looking forward to more baking in the days to come.

Tata for now.

xx,
TBG

No comments:

Post a Comment